Thursday, September 9, 2010

First week of school 2nd grade

the three 2nd grade girls

Belle has eight kids in her class and a brand new (recently graduated) teacher who is super sweet and adorable.  To say the least the kids adore Ms Flesvig.  I wish I had more of an idea how school is because it is so her world, and she is hesitant to let others into it I guess.  She likes to leave it there and rarely talks about it.  I would wonder if she even liked it the way she is so tight lipped, but being ready to go before I get up tells me something.  I had to call Krista Harju to see what Nik says to make sure it's going well!

Belle and Therese
Today was her third day.  When I got up at 6:40, she was already dressed and downstairs eating her breakfast.  We "let" her have cold cereal on school days.  It's a treat for her because I "make" her eat big breakfasts on the weekends and during the summer.  To add to the "treats" in her mind she's been begging me to ride the bus and do the after school program!  We've decided to "let" her ride the bus from time to time on the way home (basically whenever Ethel decides to take Abby home early).  That seemed to subdue her for the time being.  The afterschool program will happen on occaision if we have an appointment to go to.  She also liked that possibility.  She's so funny like that!  Who would've thought that riding the bus and going to daycare were special treats!  Thank God she is like me and easily amused!

No comments:

Post a Comment