Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ashley

picnic at Silver Bay Marina



The rocks were tough to navigate with a 3 year old!
My cousin, Ashley came for Grandpa's funeral and stayed with us.  We enjoyed her so much we kept asking her to stay longer, but when she couldn't swing it she said she would come back for a visit.  Everyone says that but seldom actually does so.  The girls kept asking me when she was coming back, and I kept putting them off with, "She's working and doesn't know when she can come."  To my surprise she came in August and we had a blast playing tour guide!  The girls loved the adventures with Miss Ash-a-lee as MA calls her!
Belle and Ashley were the most adventurous 

Daddy and baby

Mommy and her baby... she'll let me call her my baby now
as long as I'm her baby too!

This view was designed to give mom a heart attack!

We spent the first day up the shore to Gooseberry Falls, Palisade Head and had a picnic lunch at the boat launch in Silver Bay.  In total Moore fashion we kept going and finished our day with dinner at Lindos and a walk on the boardwalk!  MaryAlice had fallen asleep by the time we pulled into Gooseberry, so Andy opted to give her a rest and let me and Belle take Ashley down to the falls.  It was an amazing day and we should've brought our swim suits.  I'm from here and don't think a trip up the shore means swimming, but this day would've been beautiful to swim in the falls.  We waded around anyway and got a bit wet too!  It ended up being best that MA was asleep because it would've been tough for her to navigate everywhere we wanted to go.
They thought they were funny to get so close to the edge

mom is a bit wary of the height with miss independence 

my knees are shaking... 

WAY TOO CLOSE TO THE EDGE!

The next day we hit the Rose Gardens for a quieter day.  The girls were obviously exhausted from the previous day and were cranky until they decided to cool off in the fountain!


I seriously thought Ashley was going to jump in and
swim in the waterfall w/ her clothes and all!


My Belle 7 1/2

Saturday Ashley spent with the Pavolas.  Andrea and Ashley went for massages... I should've been there for that one!  On Sunday we met the Pavs again after church down at Park Point for a day at the beach.  The weather was lovely and the water was about as warm as I've ever remembered it!
"I fell in... I won't do that again"
It was ice cold here on the boardwalk

Water fight at the Rose Garden!


soaked from head to toe!

Abby's love/hate relationship with the fountain

Belle and MA wanted to climb the tree 

Leif Erickson Park cooling off our toes

Park Point... I think she liked the sand?

Not a trip w/o Mexico Lindos

cousins :)

I made a point of saving some of the sights for future visits!  We didn't want her to think she had seen everything :)

No comments:

Post a Comment